11.14.2008

The Gift

Today was The Gift. It's the biggest event that the Women of Parkside host each year and it's tons of fun. The purpose is for women to take some time to relax and reflect on the upcoming holiday season. We all have so much to be thankful for, but in all the planning the true meaning
of this season can so easily be forgotten.

Before the event, women in our church (and this year another sister church in our area) decorate a table. Generally the seating is for 8 and the theme is Christmas. It's amazing to see the creativity that comes out in these tables! I wish you could have seen them...and you would have had I remembered to grab the right memory card that holds more than like 12 pics...grrr...

We had close to 240 women there today! How awesome is that? I've decorated in the past, but this year I just helped behind the scenes. I sat at a totally cute table decorated by my friends Alexia & Theresa. Their theme was blue/white with snowflakes & snowmen. It was deja vue because that was what my friend Lindsey and I did a couple of years ago.

Our speaker this year was Gency Fortenberry. She is a PW (pastor's wife) from Paris (Texas, of course) and was too cute! We enjoyed beautiful music, noshed on the best food (The Paper Plate catered...yummy!), and truly got to fellowship with sweet friends.



Alexia, Theresa, Lindsey & Me today.

This is the table that Linds & I did back in 2005

No comments: