2.26.2009

The Living Museum

Tonight was Peyton's Living Museum at school. He did a great job giving his speech. He mentioned that earlier today when they did it for the kids at school there was one spot that he couldn't always remember, so we put a little reminder on his hand and it really seemed to help. The kids were spread throughout the school. Preston was happy because Peyton's spot was in the cafeteria, near the cookies & punch of course!! We took lots of pics tonight including this one of our family with all 6 grandparents!

One big happy family

Peyton & his teacher Mrs. Carelock, previously Ms. Albert. She got married over Christmas Break

Our niece Riley as Betsy Ross!

Peyton and Noe as Babe Ruth & Albert Einstein

The Artists

Here is what Peyton said in his speech:

Do you know who was known as the Great Bambino? Well, it was me Babe Ruth. I was born February 6, 1895 in Baltimore, Maryland. My childhood was very rough. When I was seven my father sent me to St. Mary's Industrial School for Boys. When I grew up, I had two daughters, one was named Dorothy Ruth and the other one was Julia Ruth. My teams were the Boston Red Sox, New York Yankees and the Boston Braves. I am widely regarded as one of the greatest players in baseball history. Many polls place me as the number one player of all time. Sadly, I died of throat cancer on August 16, 1948. One of my favorite quotes was "If it wasn't for baseball, I'd be in either the penitentiary or the cemetery."

No comments: