1.20.2009

Thirsty?

Our church is blessed beyond measure to be hosting a Life Action Ministry team. The group came to town last Friday and will be here until next Wednesday. In my lifetime I've had the opportunity to be a part of 2 LAM crusades, summits, quests for revival...or whatever you want to call them. And although the first one was when I was 13 years old, the power of God is at work and is no less evident than it was 22 years ago!

Tonight Ryan (the speaker) talked to us about clearing out all of the distractions in our lives that we put ahead of God. He put this 3-columned list of examples up on the screens and I found that so many of those very examples are distractions in my own life! How arrogant are we to think that we can replace Him? How foolish are we to think that those things will quench the thirst of longing that only He can satisfy? Praise Him that His word says,


From the days of your fathers you have turned aside from my statutes and have
not kept them. RETURN TO ME AND I WILL RETURN TO YOU, says the Lord of
hosts, Mal. 3:7

We don't derserve it. But He is our God of Grace.

Here's an awesome song, Jimmy, the worship leader sang tonight

(Mute my blog music at the bottom of the page before you listen to this)

No comments: