10.04.2008

The latest

It's been several weeks since I've posted, so here's what we've been up to...

Probably the most "eventful" was a little surgery that I had back on Sept. 23rd. After about 10 years of dieting (and not!), I finally decided that it was time to have Lap-Band Surgery. Yes, I realize that it's a pretty drastic option, but after lots of prayer and research, and talking to others at TMC that have it, it seemed like a really good idea. I have to say that it has been SO easy. Other than a certain CRNA having trouble finding an entry for my IV, surgery day was "textbook" as my surgeon said. David took a "before" pic. I'm not quite ready to post it :(-, but maybe after I lose a substantial amount. We've decided that he's going to snap a pic on the 23rd of each month.

Until yesterday, I've been on an all-liquid diet and have lost 13lbs in 2 weeks...not a bad start. Now it's on to "soft-solids"...Jell-O, pudding, mashed potatoes (it's more about helping the band heal, than weight loss). I did have a little salmon with the boys for dinner tonight and I seem to have tolerated it well. Ok, enough about that!


Here's a sweet pic of the Reed boys that I snapped tonight. Check out the new haircuts! They both have important roles in Uncle Matt & Katy's wedding next Saturday, so we decided that they better get cleaned up. I'm not a fan of that "fresh from the chair" haircut look, so I'm hoping that after a week, both cuts will grow out some and look natural. They're pretty handsome though, aren't they? Wait till I post pics of each of them in the tuxes...PRECIOUS!



After a day full of Upward Flag Football, Voting, and napping & watching college ball (POOR Bears had to play the #1 OU Sooners!), I can say it was a good day. I'm looking forward to an even better Sunday!

And let us consider how to stir up one another to love and good works, not neglecting to meet together, as is the habit of some, but encouraging one another, and all the more as you see the Day drawing near.
Hebrews 10:24-25

No comments: